Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 10 -- Belly Shots


[ 10w5d]

Well, here it is. Ten weeks, five days, and no pooch yet. Part of me is enjoying the fact that I can still hide the pregnancy, and part of me feels ready to see a real manifestation of this child's growth. I started checking a 1st trimester message board on webmd.com and read that a lot of women are outgrowing their regular clothes as early as six weeks. I did a little research this weekend to prepare for maternity clothes shopping, and I'm anticipating that it won't be easy or cheap. My plan is to take stock of all of Adam's and my clothes to see what I can get away with wearing (I have lots of cardigans and blazers -- I hope they'll make it through), then make a list of what I'll need. I'll be mid-sized through the winter but huge when it starts getting warm again. Thankfully, though, I won't need any large items like a new winter coat (like I would if we were in the North).

This week was more exhaustion, some running and walking Penny around the neighborhood, and a lot of boredom with food. I guess I've just been eating too much of the same things, so we got some different types of foods when grocery shopping. Adam already made chili, a good way to usher in fall.

I also found out this week that I won't be able to teach next semester because the baby is due to be born before the end of the semester. USA won't make exceptions for people who can't be there a whole semester, so I will be returning next fall. Honestly, I'm disappointed but quite glad to know that I will be able to relax after work everyday. Adam will still be in class, and I'll certainly be bored and pulling out my hair, but I'll be relaxed. Perhaps, I will take a community class to keep myself occupied.

No comments: