Friday, August 29, 2008

Sleep and Exercise Habits

This week, I've felt a bit better, mostly because I've been getting to bed earlier and trying to take more naps (even if it means sleeping at home during my lunch break and taking food back to work to eat). If I get enough sleep, I feel much better, though this isn't always the case when the animals wake me up around 5 o'clock to be fed.

I'm also realizing that exercising energizes me, so even when I'm tired, I lace up my running shoes and head out the door. Thankfully, it's been a bit cooler and less humid, and I was able to run twice (5.8 miles). I've been running even though my right foot has been hurting me for over a month. I think I might have sesamoiditis, a condition that affects the ball of the foot, right under the big toe. I've been trying to stretch my foot a lot, which has helped, and take it easy when I run. I don't want to stop running, though, because I won't be able to start up again after a hiatus until the pregnancy is over. I'm going to try to run for as long as I can. This week, I also did prenatal yoga for an hour and swam for 40 minutes at the YMCA.

I constantly think that if anyone at work was paying attention to my behavior, they would know something is up. I go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, eat multiple snacks and a large lunch, drink less coffee and more water, complain that I'm tired all the time, and have been especially grumpy and whiny. Fortunately, no one pays that much attention, but I still feel like it's reasonably obvious that I'm pregnant. That's the trouble with keeping a secret, I suppose.

No comments: