Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Five Weeks To Go

[ 34w6d ]

Five weeks left and this little chicken will be ready to hatch!

Adam and I finished both sessions of our natural childbirth class, which was really helpful for us to make a plan for how we'd like to see this baby born. The other day, Adam asked me if I think I can really do this. I told him it's not just me doing it, it's us together, and I'm going to rely on him plenty to help me along. So, I'm making him a list of things to say and do that I think will encourage me.

I also wrote a birth plan that my doctor signed and it is now at Labor and Delivery. It's nothing fancy, just that I want to be mobile, drink clear fluids, not be asked if I want medication, and that the baby will stay with us after the birth. Hopefully, everything will go as planned, though I realize this may not be possible, depending on what happens.

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. I'm still measuring exactly on track and the baby is still head down.

Sunday brought my first nesting fit. I pulled everything out of the bathroom cupboards to make room for little baby things, then put it all back together. Afterward, I was really tired and sore. I still have a lot to do. Hopefully, I'll get the urge again this weekend.

I also set up an online baby pool. Click here and make your guess about the arrival of Baby C!

No comments: