Tuesday, March 3, 2009

33 Weeks on the Dot

[ 32w6d ]

My due date is seven weeks from today. My last day of work before "maternity leave" is five weeks from tomorrow. The weeks are flyin' by!

Friday, I had a doctor's appointment. He said I was measuring right on target, and we had a long talk about natural childbirth and epidurals. His perspective is, why go through all that pain if you don't have to, but he's okay with me trying the natural childbirth route. Honestly, it left me a little uneasy.

Then Adam and I went to the childbirth class on Saturday afternoon, and I was reassured. I found out all sorts of things I can put in my birth plan to help me labor, like a rocking chair or a birth ball. As long as my doctor and I agree on the birth plan (which he said he would as long as it wasn't too off the wall), Labor and Delivery will accommodate.

The woman who taught the class was great, and I was the annoying student with all the questions. But I left feeling like this hospital is a good choice for us to have our child. Adam and I also signed up for a natural childbirth class with the same teacher, which starts on Sunday.

Saturday, we also set up all the baby stuff in the baby's room (it's not perfect, but the "nursery" is still going to be a bit of a catch-all room). I was happy to see everything put together and to play with the jogging stroller. Now, we just need to get a sling/wrap and install the carseat, and we're pretty much set.

Next Friday is my next appointment. We'll also be meeting with a pediatrician that day -- and hoping he agrees with our philosophies, particularly on breastfeeding and vaccinations.

No comments: